Past Experience in the Field
At the Law Office of Kerrisa Chelkowski in San Antonio, Texas, smart, knowledgeable, and experienced criminal defense is what you will find. Whether you are charged with a state or federal crime, criminal defense attorney, Kerrisa Chelkowski, will always strive to ensure your best interests are protected, from the beginning of an investigation to the end of post-conviction.
Being a former prosecutor for the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office and as a
Special Prosecutor for the Medina County District Attorney’s Office, Kerrisa Chelkowski has an in depth understanding of the various strategies the prosecution may use to build a case against you.
With hundreds of criminal cases tried before juries and judges in state and federal courts, including appeals involving the death penalty, Kerrisa has been able to prevail among her legal peers on widely publicized
cases across Texas, including a dismissal of indictments against her clients involved in the Southwest Airlines case, and representing clients in the Bexar County multi-million dollar class action lawsuit settlement, involving illegal strip searches.
Tremendous Accolades & Achievements
In 2007, Kerrisa was featured in the local magazine, Scene in SA, as one of the top lawyers in San Antonio as a Rising Star and in the field of Appellate Law. Kerrisa has been included in the list of
Texas' Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠ from 2009-2013. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state earn this distinction. She is also a contributing editor for San Antonio’s business journal, NSIDE, and has written published articles, including her latest article “The 25,000 Martini”, which discusses the effects a DWI can have on a person’s professional life and career.
Appointed by all the district court judges from Bexar County to be a Magistrate Judge, Kerrisa Chelkowski has been able to prepare criminal defense cases with intelligence, creativity, and special attention to detail. If you need legal guidance surrounding any criminal legal matter, do not hesitate to
contact or email Kerrisa Chelkowski, for a
free initial consultation.
Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Law
- Federal and State Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crimes Litigation & Appeals
- Federal and State Trials
- Appeals and Writs
- Intoxication Offenses
- Drug Offenses
- All Felonies and Misdemeanors
- Motions to Revoke Probation
- Civil Rights Expunctions/Sealing Records
- Federal Pre-Sentence Investigation
- Pre-trial Motions
- Post-Conviction Remedies
- Texas U.S. Court of Appeals Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas, 2001; J.D.
- University of Texas at Austin, 1998; B.S.
- The $25,000 Martini - NSIDE Magazine -Consequences of DWI cases, San Antonio Business Journal, March/April, 2007
- Marriage, A Limited Liability Partnership - Effects of Divorce on a Small Business Owner, NSIDE Magazine, May/June, 2007
- It Pays to Fight - Tips on fighting a speeding ticket, NSIDE Magazine, July/August, 2007
- Cooperating with the Cooperator - How to guide your client in cooperating with the federal government, The Defender (San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyer Association Magazine, July/August, 2007
Honors and Awards:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association Board of Directors
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- United States Supreme Court Historical Society
- Federal Bar Association
- Texas Criminal Trial College
- Hidalgo County Bar Association Faculty Member
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Bexar County Women's Bar Association
- The Heritage Society